Friedens Lutheran Church
Friedens was originally organized in 1745. In 1939 the church building burned down. The present building was re-built and occupied in less than 6 months! This type of spirit is still alive and well in the Friedens congregation.
Link to a video regarding the Friedens Chapel
Our people are our future. Friedens is a “home” for all sorts of families – young, old, married, single, widowed, divorced, or blended. Study God’s word in Sunday School at 9:45 a.m. or check out one of our many activities.
The youth enjoy being together in our three youth groups:
• KingdomKids! for youth grades K – 4
• Pathseekers grades 5-8
• Friedens Lutheran Youth (FLY) for grades 9 and up
• Youth groups meet the fourth Friday of each month
Other fellowship opportunities include:
• Women’s circles which meet the third Tuesday of each month
• Widow/Widowers Group which meets at a local restaurant the second Tuesday of each month
• Thursday Evening Women’s Bible Study Fellowship
• Chrismon Makers which meets Wednesdays at 9:30 beginning again in March 2015
Musical Opportunities include:
• Late Service Adult Choir
• Early Service Adult Choir
• Choirs meet Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m.